So cookie butter is a thing, and Trader Joe’s has some to-die-for Speculoos flavoured cookie butter, and I haven’t had the good fortune of eating it myself.
But I have eaten Speculoos biscuits, and Speculoos-flavoured Haagen-Dazs by the tub, so I can only imagine how delicious Speculoos cookie butter is!
I saw the recipe for cookie butter on Get The Dish with Brandi Milloy on Popsugar, and once I saw it, I knew I had to make it. And hey- how can cookie in a spreadable, spoonable form be bad? Sure, it’s not healthy by a long shot- butter, sugar, milk and cookies- but this is an indulgence. Creamy, tasty, grainy, caramel-y goodness on a spoon.
This tastes good on crackers, toast and straight out of the jar; I topped some vanilla ice cream with it and even added it to a smoothie. I think it makes a fun edible gift to give your foodie friends for Christmas, and if you are handy with mason jars, twine and a sharpie, you could make the jar look quite pretty. (I, unfortunately, am not very crafty, which is why my son has no toilet-paper -tube binoculars or owls.)
Another bonus: it’s no-bake and comes together in minutes!
COOKIE BUTTER (Adapted from Foodie Fiasco and Popsugar.)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup cookie crumbs of your choice (I used graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chip cookie crumbs, both of which I crushed by hand.)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- A pinch of fleur de del or Maldon sea salt (optional)
- Using a food processor or blender, pulse the almonds till they almost get clumpy/pasty.
- Add the cookie crumbs and pulse some more.
- Add the milk, melted butter, brown sugar and salt (if using,) and keep at it until you reach the desired consistency, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary.
- Store in a clean dry jar.
2 thoughts on “12 Weeks Of Christmas | Week 10: Cookie Butter!”
Thank you for adapting Foodie Fiasco’s cookie butter recipe, Meenakshi! Your spin on it sounds scrumptious! Cookie butter definitely makes everything taste 1000x better; I’ve never tried it in a smoothie but that is a wonderful idea! Possibly blended with some frozen bananas and almond milk? Oooh, I may have to steal that idea;-)
Hey thanks for reading through the post and commenting! Well, yours was one of the first posts that came up when I searched, and your step-by-step pictures were so delicious I had to try. And I love almond meal/butter, so yours was a healthier option 🙂 I used the cookie butter in a banana smoothie myself